CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Worth Waiting 20 Years For!

In May, Greg and I celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary.  I can't believe how the years have flown by.  About a year ago, we decided that we were going to celebrate this anniversary...and celebrate it RIGHT!  We decided on a cruise!

So, we left our kids under grandparent supervision and on April 24, 2010 we sailed out of Mobile, AL on the Carnival Fantasy.  It was fabulous! 

The first evening was a little "rocky" (Literally...the boat was rocking from a strong storm that moved through that day).  I was a little sick because of the motion...I was so disappointed because I was sure that I was going to be seasick the entire trip.  However, the next morning I was fine again. 


Us...

This was my view of the ocean from the beach in Progreso, Mexico.  We enjoyed a great Mexican buffet, and a private beach at a beautiful resort.
When we arrived in Progreso, we rented a dune buggy and rode out to the Xcambo Mayan Ruins.  It was a really cool place to explore. 

This is our boat docked in Cozumel!

This was taken at a beach resort in Cozumel where we enjoyed snorkeling, lying around in the hammocks, watching the dolphins play, and taking pictures.  It was a beautiful day.

Another gorgeous view of the beach in Cozumel.

 
This was taken at one of our favorite places on the ship.  It was called the Serenity Deck...there were no kids allowed - just hot tubs, cool drinks, and soft music!

The bluest water I've ever seen...

We had a fantastic time.  It was definitely worth waiting 20 years for.










































1 comment:

Sarah said...

Looks like an awesome trip! Congrats to you 2 on 20 years. That is quite the accomplishment.
I've always wanted to go on a cruise....someday.:)

Yeah, we have been pretty hesitant in 'announcing' this one. Sorry!You just never know what reaction you will get, so we've been pretty quiet about it. lol