CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 19, 2009

Things I Want to Remember...

There are certain little things that you just never want to forget. Here's my list:

I never want to forget:

-how a freshly fallen snowflake looks when it lands on my daughter's dark hair.
-the feel of a steaming cup of coffee on a freezing cold morning.
-the feeling of a newborn baby's skin (it's so soft you can't hardly feel it - Thanks for reminding me Reese!)
-the look on Greg's face when he's trying not to smile.
-the sound of my sweet mom's voice speaking a whole sentence.
-how lucky I am to have a "whole" family and a husband who loves me.
-how it feels to sing my heart out!
-how goofy I act when I'm hanging out with my sister.
-how I felt the first time I held my babies.
-how red a leaf can get in the fall.
-the sound of Nate when he is really laughing.
-how Evan will still hug me in public even though he is 16!
-how I feel when Greg grabs my hand when I don't expect it.
-the way Truli snuggles up to me when she's watching tv.
-the way the kids smile when we play "Dollar Question".
-what it feels like when you laugh so hard your eyes water.
-the sound of really good harmony.
-how talented my kids are.
-the way my Pepa would laugh out loud when we teased him.
-the first time Greg and I sang together.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Aw, I love this post!!! Reminds me of so many things I want to remember too.
I have to ask though, what is dollar question?

Amber said...

so i too have a few questions: what/when was the first time you and Greg sang together? and when you say good harmony are you talking about me singing on sing star? lol!
Just last night I was sharing with someone about how sad it is that Chris and I can't sing together. And about how my family is the "Partridge Family + Amber". How at one service Greg is on the drums, Lori plays keyboard, Chris plays guitar, and I get to shake the egg!!!! Who says that is not talent! Anyways great memories to not forget....love ya.

Lori Strickland said...

Amber you are so funny! Our "Partridge" family wouldn't be the same without you. :)

Greg and I first sang together in a practice room at Ozark. We ended up writing a song together that night. We sang it once at a church service in Richmond, MO and I don't think I have heard or sung it since. I'm sure it wasn't very good. :) But a great romance stemmed from that night, don't you think?