CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Vacation Inspiration

This summer we went to Gulf Shores, Alabama for vacation.  Man, I loved it.  I mean, I really loved it.  I have always been just a little nervous around water.  I think it stems from a near death experience I had when I was in high school and went canoeing.  So, while I knew I would love walking the beach, collecting shells, taking pictures and watching the waves, I wasn't sure how I would feel about actually getting in the water.

I didn't want to look like a coward in front of my daughter, so I put on my big girl panties and waded out into the Gulf of Mexico.  After I got the feel for it, I actually got on a little wave/kick/boogie board thing and took off.  It was actually fun!  I wasn't scared because I knew I could still touch the sand underneath me.  (I CAN swim, by the way...I just don't like to have to.) 

So...all that to say this.  I can't tell you how many times I was browsing around a shop on the beach and picked up some cute little beachy decor item and considered buying it.  Then, after deciding that I didn't really have anyplace to put it when I got home that would look right, I would put it down and walk off.

Then, when I started work last week I was offered a different position (which I jumped on).  It includes a desk and small classroom area which is mine to decorate!  Guess what our school's theme is this year?????  BEACH!!!!!  I could just kick myself!  I am having flashbacks of all the adorable little items that I left on the shelf in Gulf Shores.

However, having spent several days this summer on the beach, I do have some inspiration!  So....here I go!  Maybe there will be some pictures to follow when I get my classroom done!  :)

3 comments:

Amber said...

So I am looking forward to vacationing with you sometime after we bring Chloe home. I am jealous of everyone going to Gulf Shores. (It really seems like everyone I know :).) Curious to hear about the new position. Glad to see you writing again.

Lori Strickland said...

Gulf Shores was great! We went to a National Park area where the beach was less crowded than right by the condos/hotels. Several times we had the whole beach to ourselves. You really should go sometime. We ended up staying about 30 minutes away from the beach because we could get a room so much cheaper, and it worked out great! There are so many fun things to do in that area

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Happy to hear that you enjoyed our beaches...we love them too. I don't have a booth in Fairhope anymore. I do have one in Mobile...I am located at Antiques at the Loop...it's a very nice antique mall that I am sure you will love.

Blessings,
Linda